Michael was admitted to practice in 1985. He joined the Independent Bar and Howard Zelling Chambers in 2003. He was appointed Senior Counsel in 2008. He predominately practises in commercial and public/administrative law, including contractual disputes, insurance matters, liquor licensing and planning law. He also appears in civil appeals in both the Supreme Court and the High Court.
Michael has presented various continuing professional development sessions in his areas of practise.
Michael is our Head of Chambers.
- Contractual Disputes
- Liquor Licensing
- Appellate (Industrial/Employment)
- Employment Contracts & Restraint of Trade
- Industrial Disputes & Statutory Employment Rights
- Work Health & Safety
Common Law/Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation
Environment & Planning
- Appellate (Environment & Planning)
- Civil Enforcement
- Compulsory Acquisition of Land & Compensation
- Environmental & Planning Offences
- Local Government
- Merit Appeals
- Valuation of Land – Rating & Taxing Appeals
- Planning & Development
- Commissions & Other Inquiries
- Coronial Inquests